Guidelines for in-person church services at OSP starting May 31
The SAFETY AND WELLBEING
of our members is our greatest concern. In order to offer In-Person Worship, The Church Council and SST proposes the following safety guidelines:
- Members who are in the high-risk age group or have underlying health issues are strongly encouraged to follow CDC guidelines. Online, virtual and radio worship services will continue to be offered as an alternative to In-Person Worship.
- Members are asked to take their temperatures prior to attending In-person worship. Any and all persons who are running above average temperatures and/or are feeling unwell are asked to remain at home. These members should not attend In-Person worship services.
- In order to allow for social distancing and disinfecting, all In-Person worship will take place in the Family Life Center until further notice.
- Members attending In-Person Services are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask or covering during the worship service. If a member does not have a face mask or covering, masks will be made available at the entrance.
- Social distance markings will be placed on the floor from the entrance.
- Seating in the Family Life Center has been arranged to allow for social distancing and to allow family members (who live together or who have been in close contact) to sit together. NO REARRANGING OF THE CHAIRS OR TABLES WILL BE ALLOWED.
- The main and west side doors to the Family Life Center will be the only doors in use into and out of the worship space. The door leading into the educational wing WILL NOT Be Accessible for Entry or Exit at this time.
- The FLC will be sanitized by the SST 24 hours prior to each worship service and immediately after each service. Sanitizing 24 hours prior is the ideal. Sanitizing includes the wiping down of all hard surfaces that have not been sprayed. Once the FLC and areas have been sanitized, No Entrance into the FLC will be allowed until the next service. The disinfectant being used is “Wet and Forget”, an approved disinfectant for Covid-19 sanitizing.
- The cleansing of hands is strongly encouraged. Large bottles of hand sanitizer will be placed on a small table close to the entrance/exit and in other various locations throughout the FLC.
- Small bottles of hand sanitizer will be placed on each gathering table.
- Social distancing is strongly urged and should be maintained whenever possible
- All assistants will be required to wear a face mask. Gloves are also highly recommended.
- ONLY the Pastor and assistants will be allowed on the stage.
- Also, during this phase, the congregation will refrain from both singing and responsive readings during the worship service. This has been recommended by the ELCA in order to limit airborne particulates and to help reduce the possibility of spreading the Covid-19 Virus during indoor, In-Person worship.
- Holy Communion will not be observed
during this phase, but may be provided with modifications at a later date.
- There will be no contact during the Sharing of the Peace. Please do not shake hands or touch any other non-family member during this time. We ask that all members wave at one another or use another gesture in order to share the peace during this part of worship.
- In order to refrain from unnecessary contact. Offerings will be taken up at the end of the service. Offering buckets will be placed at the exits.
- Doors will be propped open at the beginning and end of service to preclude anyone needing to touch the doors.
- The bathrooms will be sanitized along with the FLC before and after each service.
- All non-essential items will be removed from the area (toys, bags, books, etc.).
- The FLC kitchen and water fountain will be blocked and covered as to not allow for use.
- Children WILL NOT be allowed to roam, run, crawl, walk freely throughout the FLC before, during, and after service.
- No other areas of the church will be accessed unless necessary for the service.
individual or personal chairs will be allowed in the FLC during this time.
- Should an issue arise, exceptions made on a case by case basis by The Church Council and SST together with the understanding of what is best for the majority of the attendees.